In a recent study by Constant Contact and research firm Chadwick Martin Bailey, 1,491 consumers age 18+ in the United States were surveyed online to determine their consumer behavior on Facebook.
Slide preso is below but here are the highlights:
- 52% spend a few minutes up to 5 hours on Facebook per day
- The site most favored to interact with a brand was 34% Facebook, 9% online community/forum, 4% Blogs, 4% on Twitter, 1% on LinkedIn and 1% on MySpace. However, 59% said ‘None of these’ so that makes you wonder.
- 67% like 3 or more brands on Facebook
- Why people ‘Like’ a brand on Facebook is not that much different than what we’ve seen before: 58% because they are currently a customer and 57% to get discount or promotion
- 77% read the posts and news feed of a brand, but only 17% share the content
- 76% of people don’t break up with a brand once they’ve ‘liked’ a brand on Facebook
- 56% are more likely to recommend a brand after becoming a fan
- 51% are more likely to buy a brand after they become a fan, especially fans ages 50+
- Only 14% of fans spend time visiting your brand’s wall, but 45% spend it reading their own news feed so not a total waste of your time
- 45% of FB users think most of the content they get is the same from brands
10 Quick Facts You Should Know About Consumer Behavior on Facebook[slideshare id=9179515&w=425&h=355&sc=no]