Charlie Sheen may have been a PR nightmare, but as stated in a previous post – he’s somewhat of a marketing genius. From exclusive interviews, to morning show talk show runs, to Twitter – Charlie Sheen is definitely “winning” his war against Warner Bros. and the painful thing (for Warner Bros.) is that it’s a public spectacle. Let’s analyze his antics.
- February 24, 2011 – Charlie Sheen goes on a radio rant
- February 28, 2011 – Charlie starts on his morning show tour
- March 2, 2011 – Charlie Sheen in his own words on 20/20
- March 2, 2011 – Charlie Sheen hands over his kids to ex-wife Brook Mueller with an emotional televised goodbye
- March 3, 2011 – Charlie Sheen sets Guinness world record on Twitter garnering over 1M fans in 25 hours 17 minutes (now at 3.3M)
- March 4, 2011 – Charlie Sheen releases home video to air on NBC
- March 4, 2011 – TigerBlood Radio – a 24-hour limited show on the actor’s trials and tribulations
- March 7, 2011 – Sheen’s Korner launches, a UStream live show garnering 1.2M live and recorded views
- March 7, 2011 – Sheen is fired from Two And a Half Men with an 11 page termination letter from Warner Bros.
- March 7, 2011 – Sheen files $100M lawsuit against Warner Bros. & executive producers
- March 8, 2011- Sheen posts paid social media internship gig
- March 10, 2011 – Sheen’s home is searched for weapons by LAPD. He tweets about it later stating they were absolute professionals.
- March 12, 2011 – Sheen announces ‘Violent Torpedo of Truth’ tour
- March 22, 2011 – Surprise appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- March 22, 2011 – Launches contest for fans to get their questions answered via Twitter or on his tour
- April 1, 2011 – Kicks of 20 city Torpedo Tour, with 10% sales going to the earthquake relief in Japan
His antics have included radio, TV, a tour, guest appearances, contests, and music for his tour with Snoop Dogg. He has promoted and made all of it viral using various forms of social media from UStream to Twitter. His Facebook Fan page got started a bit later than his Twitter account but it is almost at 1M fans (997,154). What’s that tell ya? His fans are all online that’s for sure. One has to wonder, was this all planned? What do you think?
And if you can’t get enough of Charlie Sheen, you can get a talking bobble-head doll with all of his famous quotes from Funko.