Geez, the week rolls around fast. In conjunction with our research for Social Strand Media’s case study on QR codes: Beyond the Destination, we developed a theme this week for social media tips. In case you missed it, here’s what we tweeted:
- QR codes are best when they tell the end user what they’ll get if they scan the code. Be clear. #smtip
- QR codes should link to something of value to the end user – not your FB page or your website.#smtip
- Know your QR code audience b4 designing your QRcode. Will they need detailed instructions? #smtip
- #Restaurants: Consider using QR codes for takeout menus #smtip
- With QR Codes, unlock information, not a destination #smtip
Top Blog of the week: Social Media Strategist Leaves Facebook, Hopes for Movement
Today in History: In 2011, AOL buys the Huffington Post for $315M.