Last week I attended Media Bistro’s All Facebook Conference in San Francisco. (Social Strand Media was also a sponsor.) It was small (less than 500 people) with single sessions and some great presenters. And the great thing about smaller events is that it’s really great and easy to connect with so many different passionate people.
There were sessions on F-Commerce, Facebook Apps, Facebook gaming, measuring Facebook ROI, legal and regulatory compliance in social media (my fave by David Adler), how to do Facebook promotions successfully, Facebook Ads, and lots of case studies on Facebook Pages. But there were also a few recurring themes throughout the conference which I’d like to share with you:
- The Open Graph is key to Facebook marketing.
- Success with Facebook content and ads depends on keyword domination. In fact, Marty Weintraub & Heather Lutze both said, “success=keyword domination”.
- Facebook ads are successful and have a higher click through rate than LinkedIn ads or Google Ads, hence bigger bang for your buck.
- 70% of people who see a contest or promotion on Facebook enter it.
- Search engine optimization is key in social media marketing regardless of platform.
- Know the state and federal laws if you run a promotion, sweepstakes, contest on Facebook and don’t forget to abide by Facebook’s ToS (Terms of Service) for running Facebook promotions.
- FTC updated guidelines concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising which includes blog posts. (For a layman’s review of this document see blogger Dianne Jacob’s blog on this.)
- Facebook’s Marketing Facebook Fan page for marketers with resources and information to make you a better marketer on Facebook.
For more tips and tricks from the conference you can view the hashtag #allfacebookconf on Tweetchat and see a recap. And later today, The how-to guide on Google Plus Events.