Last week we did a little contest and we’re doing it again this week. But upping the stakes. $25 Amazon giftcard, Social Media Tip Tuesday t-shirt, and 4 GB Social Strand bamboo thumb drive. Giddy up!
Congrats to last week’s winner @LindsayFultz. Woohoo! PSY4EDCWDK8J
Rules: Click on a Tweet this tip link and be automatically entered into the random drawing. And, if my Twitter following gets to 4,000 today, I’ll double the gift card to $50. You must be following me (@tracysestili) so I can DM you if you’ve won to get your shirt size and mail you your schwag. Entry time: 5pm PT 8/13 – 9pm PT 8/14. Shipping to continental U.S. only. Good luck!
Every week on Twitter I tweet my top social media tips and every Tuesday I compile them here for you and on my podcast channel on Cinch.
- Target your demographic on your LinkedIn Company page just as you would on an ad.#smtip – Tweet This Tip
- When using #FF tell people why they should follow your recommendations #smtip Tweet This Tip
- Be transparent when posting affiliate links, you’ll gain respect and credibility #smtip Tweet This Tip
- Keep people on same platform when doing social media contests for better engagement #smtip Tweet This Tip
- Don’t concern yourself with scheduling, let @HootSuite or @Bufferapp do it for you & save time! #smtip Tweet This Tip
- Tweet other people’s stuff w/ thoughtful comments to build rapport & thought leadership in your niche #smtip Tweet This Tip
Top blog last week: 26 Common Social Media Marketing Terms You Need To Know (thanks to Facebook guru Mari Smith for including it in her news letter).
Today in history: In 1953, the wiffle ball was invented.