Guest blogging is becoming a trend lately. Guest blogging is when you write a blog for someone else’s blog. It’s not the same as ghost writing a blog, where you get paid and you get no credit. Guest blogging is more about getting your name out there and contributing quality pieces that others will find valuable through a channel that you may not have access to.
Maintaining you own blog can be a laborious chore. So why not get your name out there and start getting known for what you want to be famous for? There are plenty of places you can submit guest blog posts to such as: MyGuestBlog, Copy Blogger, Pro Blogger, Blog Success, and Social Media Examiner (full list of guest blogging sites below).
Here are 7 reasons why you’d want to write a guest blog:
- Brand awareness. It gets your name and social media affiliations out there, usually with link backs. Helps you build your personal brand and become a thought leader in your niche.
- Credibility. Helps you build credibility in your area of expertise.
- Traffic. Your tapping into someone else’s blog traffic that can eventually lead to you getting more traffic on your own website or social media channels.
- Build a following. By providing quality content, you start to build a following.
- Reach. You’ll gain much more exposure and reach from the blog promoting your name and post than you would if you promoted it by yourself on your own blog.
- Perfect Audience. You’ll get in front of an audience that would be well suited for your content.
- Peace of mind. You can contribute when you want rather than have the pressure of maintaining your own blog and blogging once or more a week.