Have you been to LinkedIn recently? Their new navigation, while although aesthetically pleasing, can be confusing if you haven’t been there in a while. It’s slick new look and feel give it more of a social vibe and is one that should not to be ignored.
First, when you login now you’re immediately taken to a LinkedIn Home page that gives you the ability to establish your brand and develop yourself as an industry thought leader by providing you with:
- Opportunity to provide a status update so your network will see it
- Recommended LinkedIn Today articles relevant to your industry which you can comment on and which your entire network will see
- Ability to filter your network’s updates which you can reply, comment, or share with your network
- Ask for recommendations right from within your profile
- Offer your LinkedIn profile in another language if you like (over 45+ languages)
- Share your profile with a colleague or recruiter
- Print it out to bring to your next job interview
Note: If your profile has to be 100% complete in order to get that option in the pull down. If you don’t see “Edit your profile” and see “Update your profile” instead, then update it until you’ve filled out all the necessary information, which includes job descriptions.
And of course, you can still move your sections around, add skills and apps, and follow companies and participate in group discussions just like you did before. So what do you think? Do you like the new LinkedIn layout? Take the poll!
p.s. don’t forget to sign up for my workshop in San Francisco on getting your LinkedIn makeover!