Three of the most popular posts on this blog have to do with how to merge duplicate/multiple Fan pages on Facebook. For some people, it just won’t work because they don’t meet the criteria. Those folks are at the mercy of “reporting the Page as a duplicate” for the Page they want to keep. I have explained this numerous times in the blog comments but now am going to explain it here via step by step and via video.
Reporting a Fan Page as a Duplicate
- Copy the URL of the page you want to KEEP.
- Go to the page you want to report as a duplicate.
- Click on the wheel icon next to the ‘Like’ button or ‘Message’ button on the right.
- Choose “Report Page”
- Select “It is duplicated or miscategorized”
- From the Choose a Type dropdown select “Duplicate of another page”
- And in the box where it asks you “Which page is this a duplicate of?” – paste the URL from step 1 into the box. You should see the page you want to get rid (report as duplicate) appear and you need to select it so that it fills in the box properly.
- Click “Continue”
I’ve heard it normally takes Facebook 2-3 weeks to get back to you depending on their backlog. You can report multiple pages as duplicates. I am not aware of any limits. Of course, the page name (not URL) needs to be the same or similar. If you don’t know what I mean then see the blog regarding Facebook User Name Clarified.
If the instructions above are not clear, here’s a video: