Guest blogger Lorie Roux is an entrepreneur, writer and business owner who enjoys networking with like-minded individuals. She loves topics that relate to internet marketing, technology, and business.
Video blogging or “vlogging” is becoming has become very popular among the blogosphere and seem to be popping up in every niche and industry. It’s one of the most powerful tools available to modern bloggers, followed by podcasts.
According to recent statistics from internet giant YouTube, more than 65% of U.S. based internet users view online videos, and they each spend no less than 6 hours per month doing so. With online videos becoming such an increasingly growing trend, this is definitely something that every blogger should focus their energy on.
Adding videos to your blog can:
- lead to an increase in views and increase your blog’s popularity
- boost your online presence
- help you build your subscriber list
As an avid online marketer or blogger, it’s time you consider all the benefits that video blogging can provide. Here are some helpful guidelines that you can use to help decide if video blogging is the right solution for you:
• Determine Your Target Audience. Do you know if your audience enjoys watching online videos? Do you think they will benefit from watching a video when they read your next blog post? Where exactly are your readers when they visit your blog — are they browsing from their mobile device? Are they in the office behind their desk? Some of them may have little time available and might be looking for plain “text only” blogs for easy reading. These answers will help you determine whether or not your audience can benefit from a video blog.
• Take Your Time. Video blogging will take much more time than writing a normal written blog post. You need to determine whether you have the additional time needed to create a quality video for your blog post, and if you can do this on a regular basis. It will be more time consuming to create a video, since you will have to write your message and record it too. Keep in mind that if you do a lot of posts, say daily, it might be a bit tough to squeeze a video blog in every day. But consider adding a video blog once a week, or twice per month to start. Even though it might take up to a day to complete a simple 3 minute post, the benefits far outweigh the challenges.
• Represent Your Message. One of the most important benefits of a video blog is that you will be able to put a human face to your message, and in effect, you will be a representative for your company blog. This will add a more personalized feel to your posts and you will give your audience something to relate to. If you are camera shy, don’t worry, you can easily hire a model to do the video on your behalf.
Prepare for Success
There is no doubt that vlogging is fast becoming one of the most popular online marketing trends of the future. Bloggers from all over the globe are starting to include video with their blog posts and they are seeing not only a significant increase in the amount of page views but also an improvement in their bounce rate. They’re also finding that it is a great way of interacting with their existing readers and building up a list of new ones.
So give it a shot. Not only may you increase your audience, but you will build a targeted list of customers that can help you increase your bottom line.