Every Tuesday I compile my daily social media tips and tricks I tweeted on Twitter in the past week. And because I’ve had a lot of customers recently ask me about how to get more visibility, I decided to focus mostly on local marketing. The trivia from today is for all my sports buffs, given the upcoming Super Bowl (in the U.S.) this Sunday.
- Are you optimized for local search? 86% of tablet owners make a purchase from their most recent tablet local search. #smtip
- Social network local business search usage has increased nearly 3x since 2008 – make sure ur biz addy is updated #smtip
- Have a special event or promo going on? Use Promoted Posts to advertise it on Facebook #smtip
- Find out what others are pinning from your site on Pinterest by going to pinterest.com/source/yourdomain.com #smtip
- Bring marketing down to the neighborhood level and make it personal to the customer. #smtip
Top blog last week: The Pros and Cons of Blog Comments (do you need a lot of comments to be successful?)
Today in history: In 1995, Superbowl XXIX: San Francisco 49ers beat San Diego Chargers, 49-26 in Miami with Steve Young (49ers quarterback) getting MVP. Now let’s see if they can do it again this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens on February 3, 2013 in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans.