Welcome to Social Media Tip Tuesday! Every Tuesday I post my top tips from Twitter from the past week. And this week I had a bit of a theme going, can you tell what my theme was? Keep reading for top blog, today in history, and Friday’s contest winner.
My top Twitter tips!
- Create a Twitter hashtag BEFORE your event#smtip
- Create engagement at your event with 15 sec Tout videos/testimonials #smtip
- Give attendees a bulleted list of benefits your event has so they can spread the word#eventmarketing#smtip
- Planning an event? Give a shout out to vendors/sponsors and a link back to their site in your recap blog. #smtip
- Social media is more than building relationships, it’s about nurturing them#smtip
- For events: Keep your hashtag short, promote it early and often, make it unique and limit it to one hashtag.#smtip
Top blog last week: 12 Ways to Get people to spread the word about your event
Today in history: In 1971, East Pakistan proclaimed its independence, taking the name Bangladesh
Winner from Fun Friday blog post: Unfortunately, no one got it right so no winner. Boo!