At the end of May I was teaching a class and when we got to LinkedIn one of the students said that her screen didn’t look like my screen. When I peaked at her screen I noticed she had a different LinkedIn layout. Then a few days later I was granted with the new LinkedIn layout. You too, will get it in due time. This is yet another big change coming from LinkedIn in an attempt to compete with the big boys of Google and Facebook.
And although it seems like they just changed their layout (back in January and in September 2012), more changes are coming. As a reminder, here are some things you may not be aware of:
- As of June 30th, polls will be going away. They will still be available in Groups. Until then you can find polls at polls.linkedin.com
- They retired LinkedIn Answers on January 31, 2013
- The new layout doesn’t support the display of blogs, just yet.
- They offer a long list of providers for enhancing your profile with rich media (audio, video, images, presentations, crowdfunding), which they rolled out on January 31st with the closing of LinkedIn Answers.
- A new streamlined smart search allows you to search for keywords, people, companies, skills, groups and more in one search box – top center.
In the mean time, below is a quick tutorial on where to find everything. This tutorial assumes you know how to use LinkedIn but you just can’t find everything you’re looking for in the new LinkedIn layout.
So what do you think, do you like the new layout? Let me know in the comments below.