- Have 8 words or fewer (21% higher click-thru rate or CTR)
- Use questions to provoke thought
- Use lists with odd numbers rather than even numbers in the title (20% higher CTR)
- Use colons or hyphens indicating a subtitle (9% higher CTR)
- Use thumbnail pictures (27% higher CTR)
- Odd numbers appear more scientific and legitimate. That’s why Listerine kills 99% of germs instead of 100%
- The numeral draws the readers eye when scanning. People remember odd numbers more easily than even numbers.
- In marketing, the Law of Specificity states that people are more likely to believe information if it is specific rather than general.
- Odd numbers are more associated with males than females. It is thought that the masculine traits such as dominance and independence may have some impact on “accuracy” and other gender biases.
- Salon shoes – 30% off
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- 3 Ways You Can Help End Hunger
- Study: Domestic violence affects 1 out of 4
- How to Write Headlines that Work
Tracy Sestili is the author of Take Your Brand from the Bench to the Playing Field, now available on Amazon (April 2014). Connect with her on Twitter @tracysestili
Save 10% off the book with this code: NDESEGUP at this link: http://bit.ly/1qWcOnJ