Whether you are a small business, sole proprietor, freelancer, consultant or nonprofit, you need to market your business. Online advertising can be expensive and social media can be time consuming but there are ways you can promote your small business online for free with little time.
Here are five:
- Yelp! – It takes just a few minutes to set up your company on Yelp! and it’s a great place to get endorsements and recommendations for your company. Endorsements can be later used in advertising and they help get you more business.
- Google Places, Facebook Places, Yahoo! Local – This allows you to get your website to appear in top results on search engines. Plus it puts you in front of mobile phone users as they search for a business close to them. And if you are a service provider/consultant who works out of their home, you don’t have to publish your address with Google Places. You can simply publish your city & state.
- QR Codes – QR codes are catching on, and they may not survive for very long, but take advantage of them while you can. They are free to make and easy to print on collateral, a sign for your business window, or your website.
- LinkedIn Company page – This is a billboard for your company and it’s free to be listed. You can add products/services, social media feeds, blog feeds, presentations, and much more. Takes just a few minutes to set up.
- Email Signature – The simplest and most overlooked is your email signature. Yes, you have your website listed in your email signature, but it’s also a great place to advertise coupons/discounts, a newsletter sign-up, your social media presence. Take advantage of it.