We’ve talked in the past on why blogging is good for your business and the top 11 tips on blogging. But what we haven’t talked about is how to monetize your blog. I mean, wouldn’t it be great to make money from all of that writing?
Here are some top tips on how to monetize your blog:
- Participate in affiliate pay-per-click or linkback programs like WeUseCoupons.com or Linkworth. WeUseCoupons is essentially a pay per click model where you place a banner on your blog. Linkworth is similar but a bit less intuitive and it’s all about placing link backs on your blog. Another pay-per-click is ValueClick.
- Become an affiliate of a tool that you use and share in the revenue, like HootSuite or SmallAct. For every license sold through your site, you get a % back.
- Self-publish your content and sell it as a book, minguide, whitepaper, or tutorial compilation using programs like Lulu.com
- Ask for a donation via PayPal donate button. Super easy to implement.
- Videos are great, especially tutorials or workshops that people will want to pay for or alternatively, you could monetize through YouTube with Google Ads.
- Go mobile and monetize your blog on mobile devices with FeedM8
- Use sponsored posts. You can either put links in your blog such as with Blogvertise. Or you can also write for other companies like ReviewMe, CleverGirlsCollective or Smorty and get a steady stream of income.