Running a contest or promotion on Facebook is a great, easy way to increase fans and get them interested in your product/service or cause. After researching the best apps to use on Facebook for contests and after having implemented quite a few for clients, I’ve narrowed down my choices to two: Strutta and Wildfire and I also like FreePromos for nonprofits on a limited budget.
- Wildfire – As low as $5 set up fee + $0.99 per day to run a contest. Click here for pricing details.
- Strutta – $299 setup + $99 per month (for as long as you run the contest or microsite). Or for $1,999 + $199 per month you get custom CSS, social metrics and mobile app. Click here for pricing and offerings.
- Freepromos – Free for Pages with fewer than 5,000 fans. $100 for Pages with 5,000-50,000. White label also available.
- You MUST use a third party application to implement your contest on Facebook.
- You cannot require condition registration or entry upon the user liking a Wall post, or commenting or uploading a photo on a Wall.
- But you can require them to Like your page, check-in or use your app, but the act of doing so cannot automatically register or enter a promotion participant.