I am super excited to tell everyone that “events” was one thing Facebook had that Google Plus didn’t have, until today. Today you may have noticed a little new icon on the left nav of Google Plus called Events. It’s so awesome that it’s almost like Evite meets Facebook. It’s so versatile that you can use it for personal use (birthday party, Fourth of July party, etc.) or you can use it for business events (webinars, conferences, etc.) And, nonprofits can use it for all of their fundraising events too. The possibilities are endless!
7 cool things about Google Plus Events
- People can view and respond to events through Google Calendar.
- Everyone can contribute photos so that all of the photos are kept in one place.
- Everyone can share photos instantly from their mobile using Party Mode app.
- Provides stock photos like Evite for your event or you can upload your own and check it out – some of them even have movement!
- Provides background stationery for your text or you can go with plain white.
- You can have an online only event and create a Google Plus Hangout event!
- You can have an on air event that allows it to be seen by the world, but limits the number of attendees. (more on this later).
Tomorrow come back for a blog tutorial on how it works!