After 7 years Google finally rolls out a social network worth talking about [Google+] and within weeks of Facebook making the new Timeline mandatory for all users, Google+ changes its entire look and feel to look a little like — the new Timeline — only better.
At a high-level, here’s what’s new with the layout, profile, news, and pages:
- Navigation bar down the left, as opposed to up top like before.
- Drag and drop icons from your left navigation to appear where you want them to.
- Better customized profile which includes a choice of either a layout with a large photo in the background similar to Facebook’s “cover photo,” or 5 single photos (as it currently exists) with one profile photo. Cover photo is 940 x 180 px.
- Profile photo is bigger than before. Profile photo is 250 x 250 px.
- “Sparks” was replaced with a new icon and new label called “Explore” to allow you to find out what’s new and interesting on Google+ and find new interesting people to follow.
- Adjust how much you see under “What’s Hot”
- Now Pages, Circles and Games are located in the More icon.
- A new easy layout to manage multiple pages. (You can still easily switch back and forth).
- Manage settings and managers with a click of a button.