You joined a group on LinkedIn and now you are inundated with requests and email. What to do? Well, first you could just modify your group settings by un-checking the boxes for email notifications or modifying your digest settings. You could also un-check the box for ‘Allow members of this group to send me messages via LinkedIn.’ Or if you really are frustrated and see no benefit to the group, you could leave the group.
How to leave a group:
- Log into LinkedIn and click on Groups tab at the top. Click on My Groups.
- Click on the group you want to modify or leave.
- Click on the More tab -> My Settings.
- Un-check the appropriate boxes or in the lower right corner click the Leave Group box.
- If you are only modifying your email notifications, don’t forget to click Save settings. Otherwise if leaving the group, pressing the Leave Group button will do the trick.