Welcome to Social Media Tip Tuesday where every Tuesday I gather my tips I tweeted on Twitter using the hashtag #smtip over the past week. Today, I also wanted to let you know that I’m speaking at a women’s conference this Wednesday on the Art of LinkedIn in Redwood City, CA. The conference, Connect Work Thrive: Return to Work Conference, is for women who are looking to jump back into the work force after some period of time away.
Now, on to my top social media tips from the past week:
- Upload your MailChimp email list to Facebook and create targeted custom audience ads and reach more people #smtip
- Follow the 4-1-1 rule on Twitter (4 tweets not yours, 1 retweet, & 1 self-promoting tweet)#smtip
- Alcohol companies need to mark their Facebook pages “alcohol related” & not just 21 and over #smtip
- Take advantage of Power Editor on Facebook ads rather than Boosting the post – much more economical #smtip #smallbiz
- Create relevant boards that your consumers would want to look at, not what you want them to see on Pinterest #smtip
Top blog last week: How to Claim your Custom Google Plus URL for Business and for Yourself – and there’s an update there from my friend Debbie Laskey who alerted me to the fact that Google says you may have to pay in the future. Check out the update at the bottom.
Today in history: In 1968, The first black woman representative to serve in Congress, Shirley Chisholm, was elected.