September 18th – First, happy birthday to me!(Tweet me a birthday wish) Can you believe I have to work on my birthday? Second, if you’re new to this blog, every Tuesday I recap the social media tips I tweeted over the past week. Here they are…
- Use Twitter lists to monitor the competition and cut thru the noise #smtip
- Not all social media is equal. Be where they talk about you, dont try to move ur community to ur favorite channel.#smtip
- Don’t be impressed with your own success on social media, it is a constant work in progress! #smtip
- Try @Curalate for brand monitoring & engagement on Pinterest. #smtip
- Hashtags help u find relevant conversations on Twitter, e.g.social media tips. Use them to find like-minded peeps #smtip
Top blog last week: The Art of a Great Tweet (you know, I am always surprised by what was the top blog. It’s never what I think it’s going to be.)
Today in history: Well, besides me being born, 27-year old rock legend Jimi Hendrix died in London in 1970 and The first edition of The New York Daily Times, which later became The New York Times, was published. Pret-ty cool!