Recently one of my blog readers commented that Realtors / Real Estate Agents don’t really know how to use social media well. That kind of shocked me because I know of a few realtors that seem to be doing quite well with it. It’s a no brainer for you to promote your listings on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube, but you can do so much more with social media.
In this economy, it’s tough selling a home so I wanted to give you my top 5 tips and tricks for realtors to use on social media to help promote their business.
- Do a virtual house showing of your top properties on Google+ Hangouts.
- Tell your story with photo galleries. Utilize Flickr or Google+ or Facebook photo albums or Twitter galleries to showcase homes you are selling.
- Showcase your properties with video. People love to see more than photos so invest $79 in a Flip video camera and offer a panoramic view of a house or your own video and upload on your site.
- Host a tweetchat for homeowners or about certain properties.
- Add QR codes to your fact sheets that link to an online video of your listing giving them more than just what they’re reading on a piece of paper.
For more tips on Google+ for business, see slideshare preso 7 Ways to use Google+ for Business.