The world as we know it is changing and the social media landscape changes weekly –or so it seems. It’s not easy to keep up! And it’s really easy to fall into bad habits, get bad advice or make simple mistakes. Here I go touting my opinion again. Here are my top 5 mistakes I’ve noticed that companies make when embarking on their social media strategy:
- They do not fill out their bio (properly). They give it the ol’ PR spin. That’s not social. That’s boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
- They don’t brand their social site. These days it is so easy to brand your social site. Easy peezy!
- They have the Facebook icon on their website rather than the Like box. (not button). The box allows people to become a fan without ever having to leave your website. This is a super common mistake and luckily – easily fixable!
- They don’t utilize LinkedIn. Shame, shame, shame on you!
- They only talk about themselves, i.e. press releases, them in the news, events, etc. It’s like talking to your chatty Aunt Cathy and you can’t get a word in edgewise and when you do, she doesn’t listen to you, she just keeps right on yappin’.
- Or worse, they talk about things or make jokes or comments about stuff that isn’t funny or is downright offensive. (Kenneth Cole, Motrin Moms,Vodafone). And that’s the problem with hiring a college student to tweet or post for you.
Being on social media is a teeny weeny bit about you and A LOT about them. So stop blabbing, start listening and give them something to do!